- Sponsored -

Salman Khan’s Being Human CEO Manish Mandhana accused of physical assault; Model Andria D’Souza files FIR

Image Source - Twitter

Salman Khan’s Being Human CEO Manish Mandhana has been accused of physical assault by model-actor Andria D’Souza. In context to this, Andria has also filed an FIR against Manish Mandhana at Gamdevi police station on March 4. He has been charged under Section 325 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt) of the Indian Penal Code.

In an exclusive interview with Mid-day, Andria D’Souza opened up on the horrific incidents in detail which she had faced. D’souza said, “We started chatting on social media in October 2015. Since 2013, I have been shuttling between Dubai and Mumbai in search of work in movies, and I finally shifted base to Mumbai in December 2015. I met Manish in person then, and we hit it off instantly. I was aware that he was married, but he lied to me saying that his marriage was practically over, and that his wife and he were staying together for their kids. I believed him. We were in a happy space until mid-2017 when I learnt that he had said similar things to another woman and later dumped her. When I confronted him, he denied it.”

The model-actor further said, “My friend stayed over after we had shot her portfolio at my home. When Manish came to my house that day, he walked into the bedroom where my friend was sleeping and lay down next to her. When I went in to the room, he asked me to lie down between them. Seeing that I was disgusted, he left the house that night. The next morning, my friend confided that he had tried to feel her up. When I confronted him, he beat me. I had to skip the ‘Bigg Boss‘ [11] audition that day because my face was swollen from the incident.”  

She further stated that the things took a turn for the worse in November 2017. “I received snapshots of his chats with another woman. When I told him that I would tell his wife [of his indiscretions], he turned violent. It was only after four days that I found the strength to get to a doctor. My health started declining – I would get convulsions and slipped into depression. It was only six months later that my cousin took me to Jaslok Hospital. There, I was told that the nerve in my right ear was damaged. I messaged his wife but I don’t think she was interested in listening to me,” the model noted.

D’Souza further stated that she has filed an FIR against Manish and also submitted the medical reports as well as photographs of her injuries to the police.

On being asked about why she waited 15 months to file a police complaint, D’Souza said that she was was recovering from her injuries.

In the end, the model clarified that she is not looking for compensation. She also thanked the team of Gamdevi police for co-operating with her.

Also Read: Nakuul Mehta lashes out at Shatrughan Sinha for his mocking comment on #MeToo

- Sponsored -