- Sponsored -
#MeToo Impact: Alok Nath banned for 6 months by FWICE
The #MeToo movement in Bollywood led to veteran actor Alok Nath being named and shamed by writer-producer Vinta Nanda. Post her allegations Alok Nath was expelled by Cine & TV Artists Association (CINTAA). Vinta had even registered an FIR against Nath last year.
Now according to a report in Mumbai Mirror ,Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) has imposed a six-month ban on Alok Nath for non-cooperation. This latest development was announced by the Indian Film & Television Directors’ Association (IFTDA) on Friday.
IFTDA president Ashoke Pandit told the tabloid, “Alok Nath was summoned thrice by the ICC (Internal Complaints Committee) but he didn’t turn up for any of the meetings. Since he blatantly refused to co-operate with IFTDA’s mandate of providing a secure workplace for women, we reached out to FWICE for a six-month ban which was approved on Thursday. Alok Nath has been duly informed.”
Pandit also informed that the sexual harassment case filed against Nath by Vinta Nada was investigated as per the POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) Act.
Alok Nath when asked about the ban, said, “The law will take its course.”
In the wake of #MeToo movement, several accused were either replaced or they opted out of the projects on which they were working, however despite facing rape charges, Alok Nath has not been dropped from Luv Ranjan’s ‘De De Pyaar De’.
Trending This Week
- Sponsored -