- Birthday18 April, 1962
- Fun Trivia:Poonam Dhillon started her own business of supplying make-up vans in the Indian Film industry. The venture became successful and she has named the company, "VANITY".
- Famous Quote:In my opinion, boys should not start with films before they are at least 24 years of age, because emoting on screen needs a certain amount of maturity, and a lot rides on an actor’ shoulder.
- Place of Birth:Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Place of Residence:Mumbai, India
- Profession:Actress, Model
Poonam Dhillon is a famous Indian Hindi film, theatre and TV actress, who is majorly known for her hit films like Noorie, Sohni Mahiwal (1984), Saveray Wali Gaadi (1986) and Naam (1986). She was born to father Amrik Singh, an aeronautical engineer in the Indian Armed Forces and mother Gurcharan Kaur. She came into the limelight when she was crowned Miss Young India at the age of just 16. Iconic director Yash Chopra noticed her and offered her a romantic role in the star-studded hit film Trishul (1978) and her song “Gapoochi Gapoochi gum gum” was well-appreciated. She had got married to film producer Ashok Thakeria in 1988, but it ended in 1997.