- Birthday27 February, 1952
- Fun Trivia:While doing his B.Sc (Hons) in Physics at Ramjas College, Delhi University, he left studies after one year, and came to Bombay to become a painter. He had aspirations of joining the J.J. School of Arts, but he happened to watch the shooting the film Dharma and then became keen about filmmaking.
- Place of Birth:Shikarpur Narkatiaganj, West Champaran, Bihar.
- Place of Residence:Mumbai, India
- Profession:Film producer, director and screen writer
Prakash Jha is a successful Indian film producer, director and screenwriter, who has made political and socio-political films like Damul (1984), Mrityudand (1997), Gangaajal 2003 and Apaharan 2005. He made his debut, as a feature film director with the TV serial Hip Hip Hurray in 1983, which was scripted by Gulzar and starred Raj Kiran and Deepti Naval as leads. He has also made National Film Award winning documentaries like, Face After Storm (1984) and Sonal (2002). Jha got married to Deepti naval and had adopted his daughter Disha when she was very young.