City of Gold
- Movie Director: Mahesh Manjrekar
- Cast and Crew: Sachin Khedekar, Seema Biswas, Shashank Shinde, Ankush Choudhary, Anusha Dandekar, Vineet Kumar Singh, Karan Patel, Kashmira Shah, Satish Kaushik.
- Releasing Date: 23 April 2010
- Music Composers: Ajit Parab
- Lyricist: Vidyadhar Bhave, Guru Thakur
- Production House: DAR Motion Pictures
- Fun Fact: It was made in both Marathi and Hindi. The Marathi version of the film is called Lalbaug Parel.
- Why it Made News: City of Gold is an adaptation of Jayant Pawar’s play Adhantar based on the Great Bombay Textile period during the early 1980s.
In a flashback a man having bought a flat in Mumbai recalls his growing up days, when his father worked in the Textile Mill Factory that stood on the same piece of land. Going two decades back, a family of 6 adults live a congested life in a Mumbai Chawl after the Mumbai Textile Mills shut down in the 1980s. What follows is a constant game of greed and power among the business tycoons and political authorities. Also involved are the Union Leaders who held the responsibility of protecting the ‘worker rights’. The result is transformation of Central Bombay into a much more commercial unit as we recognize it today at the expense of hundreds of workers losing their livelihood over the years.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.