My Name Is Khan
- Movie Director: Karan Johar
- Cast and Crew: Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Jimmy Shergill, Zarina Wahab
- Releasing Date: February 12, 2010
- Music Composers: Shankar-Ehsaan- Loy
- Lyricist: Niranjan Iyengar, Javed Akhtar (uncredited)
- Production House: Fox Searchlight Pictures, Dharma Productions, Red Chillies Entertainment, Image Nation Abu Dhabi
- Fun Fact: Shabana Azmi was initially cast for the role of Rizwan Khan’s mother, but she opted out after Shah Rukh Khan’s shoulder injury delayed the shooting of the movie.
- Why it Made News: Shah Rukh Khan was actually detained at an airport in the US before the release of the movie. Although he said this has been happening with him, and a lot of Muslims because of surname for a long time since 9/11, this garnered a lot of attention and some said it was a publicity stunt to promote the movie.
Rizwan Khan is an Indian who is living in the US with his brother Zakir and sister-in- law. He is suffering from Asperger’s Syndrome. One day, he meets a Hindu woman Mandira and they eventually fall in love. Mandira has a child from her ex-husband named Sameer. She marries Rizwan and the trio live together happily, until 9/11 happens, following which, Sameer’s classmates bully him for being a Muslim and accidentally kill him. After his wife throws rage at him and asks if he can tell the President that he, a Muslim, is not a terrorist, he actually considers it and sets on a journey to meet the President. On his path, he meets many people and wins their hearts with his simplicity and kind-heartedness, and also his ability to ‘repair almost everything.’