Qissa-The Tale of a Lonely Ghost
- Movie Director: Anup Singh
- Cast and Crew: Irrfan Khan, Tillotama Shome, Tisca Chopra
- Releasing Date: February 20, 2015
- Music Composers: Beatrice Thiriet, Manish J Tipu
- Production House: Johannes Rexin, Bettina Brokemper
- Fun Fact: The film was screened in the Contemporary World Cinema section at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. It won the Netpac Award for World or International Asian Film.
- Why it Made News: This was one Indian film that was considered a masterpiece that lovers of parallel cinema would thoroughly enjoy. The critics lauded the film alike.
Partition of India, 1947. A Sikh Punjabi named Umber Singh (Irrfan Khan) loses everything and is forced to leave his homeland with wife Mehar (Tisca Chopra) and three daughters. He is obsessed to have a male child, but when his fourth daughter is born, he decides to wage a fight against destiny. He declares the child as a boy named Kanwar Singh. However, a lot awaits Kanwar as she grows up and Umber gets her to marry Neeli. Neeli discovers that Kanwar is in fact a girl. In his obsession to have a male child in the family, Umber tries to rape Neeli, and Kanwar ends up killing him with a shotgun. Trouble doesn’t end for the Singh family here as Kanwar still struggles with an identity crisis that affects both Neeli and the rest of the family.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.