- Movie Director: Prakash Jha
- Cast and Crew: Ranbir Kapoor, Ajay Devgn, Nana Patekar, Arjun Rampal, Katrina Kaif, Manoj Bajpayee, Sarah Thompson
- Releasing Date: 4 June 2010
- Music Composers: Pritam, Aadesh Srivastava, Shantanu Moitra, Wayne Sharp
- Lyricist: Sameer
- Production House: Prakash Jha Productions
- Fun Fact: Rajneeti’s story is a modern day adaptation of the Mahabharata.
- Why it Made News: The film was denied a censor board certificate initially after the rumor that Katrina Kaif’s character was inspired by Sonia Gandhi made rounds.
Set at the backdrop of elections in Bhopal, the story involves a central conflict between cousins Prithvi Pratap (Arjun Rampal) and Veerendra Pratap (Manoj Bajpayee) . When Prithvi is made the leader of Rastrawadi political party, Veerendra moves away from the family and forms a rival party with the assistance of a local leader Sooraj Kumar (Ajay Devgn), who later is revealed to a step brother of Prithvi. Meanwhile Prithvi’s younger brother Samar Pratap (Ranbir Kapoor), returns from US and is drawn into the Political game after their father is murdered. Indu (Katrina Kaif) is in love with Samar but he instead gets her married to Prithvi in return taking financial favour from her Industrialist father. Later in a blast, Prithvi and Samar’s girlfriend Sarah (Sarah Thomson) are killed. How Samar avenges his family with the help of his uncle Brij Gopal (Nana Patekar) forms the climax.