- Movie Director: Shakun Batra
- Cast and Crew: Vikram, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Govinda, Ravi Kishan, Nikhil Dwivedi, Tejaswini Kolhapure, Priyamani
- Releasing Date: 18 June 2010
- Music Composers: A. R. Rahman
- Lyricist: Amitabh Bhattacharya
- Production House: Mani Ratnam, Sharada Trilok
- Fun Fact: This film has numerous action scenes and stunts performed by the actors. The stunts were directed by Mani Ratnam and choreographed by Peter Hein, who received a Filmfare action award for the Hindi versions of Ghajini and Anniyan. The Kerala martial art kalarippayattu is also featured in the film.
- Why it Made News: It was during the shooting of this film that Mani Ratnam fell sick and the shooting came to a halt for a few months.
Raavan is a story of a destructor/savior named Beera (Abhishek Bachchan) who is running a parallel government in his village. He is the enemy of the policemen and hence, he and his Brothers are always a target. Beera abducts police superintendent Dev Sharma’s (Vikram) wife Ragini (Aishwarya Rai) in order to avenge the death of his sister Jamunia. He takes her deep into the dense jungles. Dev then seeks help of Sanjeevani Kynar (Govinda) who is The Forest guard to reach Beera. Meanwhile, Beera and his team abducts Hemat (Nikhil), Dev’s junior, and buries him in the ground with only his head above the ground. Ragini gets furious over this inhuman act of Beera and that’s when he describes the story of his sister’s death. Policemen had attacked Beera during Jamunia’s wedding and had then captivated her in order to reach Beera. She was brutally raped by the policemen and she had then committed suicide. Ragini then feels bad for Beera and starts developing feelings for him. But at the end, Dev manages to kill Beera.