- Sponsored -
Sonam just brought back the almost-forgotten cornrow braids!
Wowza! Sonam Kapoor just hopped onto the cornrow braids bandwagon that is nothing if not insanely awesome. We’ve seen B-town lovelies experimenting with braids but we were pleasantly surprised when Ms.Kapoor stepped out in her forever fashionista avatar but this time, with the hairy twist. (Also read: Sonam wears the most unusual kurta of the season!)
Some more pictures ??? ? ? . ?? #anilkapoor #rheakapoor #sunitakapoor #norhesonicant #ranbirkapoor #veerediwedding #ranveersingh #anushkasharma #viratkohli #arjunkapoor #varundhawan #rheson #aliaabhatt #padman #deepikapadukone #shraddhakapoor #cute #namratasoni #birthday #salmankhan #jacquelinefernandez #akshaykumar #sonamkapoor #kareenakapoor #fc_sonam #anandahuja
For the promotions of her upcoming film ‘PadMan’, Sonam was photographed wearing her favourite designer Anavila Misra’s saree. Everything about her look was fantabulous. Oh, where do we start from? The striped green wool organza saree, which had a strong un-urban vibe, was teamed with a gorgeous floral, block printed, knitted blouse that had a high neck and long sleeves.
The diva picked her trusted oxidised jewellery from Amrapali that included a chunky silver cuff and exquisite chandelier earrings. And the narrow pallu drape perfectly accentuated the exquisite blouse. We can’t quite describe how we love the relaxed and effortless feel. That’s the beauty of Sonam. You give her anything to wear. Be it something mature like this saree or a more fun, eccentric number, she pulls off everything like it’s nobody’s business.
And just when we thought that the underrated cornrow braids have been almost forgotten by everyone, Sonam donned a beautiful half cornrow that’s not too severe and highlights the natural beauty of her hair too. So, how do you get this half done cornrow look? Here are a few quick steps to recreate the hairstyle at home.
- Start by spritzing on some water all over your hair to make it soft and dampen it.
- Then brush your hair well to get rid of all the knots and tangles.
- Now, part the section of the hair you want to cornrow and pin up the rest of the hair with the help of sectioning clips. Even those tiny elastic bands would do!
- Try to keep your hair moisturised with a smoothening hair cream.
- Since this subtle braided style is all about cornrowing your hair right at the front, you need to first divide the sections on the crown area and simply start braiding it for two stitches.
- Keep adding some strands of hair to the middle section of the braid with each consecutive stitch.
- Once you have done up your crown, simply unpin the remaining hair and leave it loose at the back. Voila! There you have a functional and fabulous hairdo.
- Feel free to make the cornrows more severe with more braids or keep them understated just like Sonam.
So, now that you know how to recreate this hairstyle, what are you waiting for? Go crazy with your cornrow love and keep watching this space for more such beauty hacks.
Trending This Week
- Sponsored -