- Sponsored -
Post #MeToo allegations, now Alok Nath to play a judge in a film
When #MeToo movement hit the Hindi film industry last year, veteran actor Alok Nath was accused of sexual harassment by writer-producer Vinta Nanda. Nanda even filed a complaint against Alok Nath.
Following #MeToo allegations, the veteran actor had been expelled from Cine and TV Artistes Association (CINTAA) after a no-show at a meeting held on November 12, 2018. Nath, who denied all the reports made by Vinta Nanda had filed a defamation case against her on October 15, 2018.
Now Nath will be seen playing the role of a Judge in a film titled #Main Bhi (#MeToo in English). Yes, according to a report in Mumbai Mirror, as a judge in the film, the actor will be taking strong action against sexual misconduct cases.
Confirming the news, the 62-year-old actor said, “I’m not doing any films at the moment. This was something I shot for a while ago. Is there a problem? You sound sad that I’m doing a film. It’s a puny role for poor producers, let it release.”
“The film deals with child molestation, a subject that hasn’t been tapped on screen often, particularly with regard to boys. My character, along with the other, are affected by incidents that change our lives. We hope the film starts a debate on the subject,” actor Khalid Siddiqui, who is also a part of the film said.
Sonali Raut will be playing the role of leading actress in the film. The movie was shot in Bhopal.
Vinta Nanda was not the only woman who accused Alok Nath of sexual harassment, there are several other celebrities including Sandhya Mridul, Himani Shivpuri and Deepika Amin who made allegations against him. Alok was last seen in 2018 blockbuster ‘Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety’ alongside Kartik Aaryan.
Trending This Week
- Sponsored -