Rahul Roy gets discharged from hospital; brother-in-law says, “His physio and speech therapy will continue”

Image Source - Instagram

After suffering a brain stroke, Rahul Roy was admitted to Mumbai’s Nanavati Hospital. Later, he was discharged from there and was shifted to Wockhardt Hospital, where he was taking speech and physiotherapy. He was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday.

Rahul’s brother-in-law Romeer Sen told Times of India, “He is delighted to be back home. His physio and speech therapy will continue. It will take some time but he should be fine in 6-7 months.”

He added, “It has been a tough 45 days, more for Rahul than us. He was brave enough to undergo the treatment and fight it out. We are with him and pray for his best.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Rahul Roy (@officialrahulroy)

For the uninitiated, Rahul suffered the stroke in November last year while he was shooting in Kargil for ‘LAC Live the Battle’. He was airlifted to Mumbai from Srinagar after his health condition deteriorated.

A few days later, filmmaker Nitin Kumar Gupta announced a film called ‘Stroke’ featuring Rahul Roy. He announced that the actor will be playing the role of a person who has suffered a stroke in this film. Later, Rahul’s family slammed the director for announcing the film without the consent of Rahul.

Rahul Roy recently spoke to Bollywood Bubble. Check out the entire conversation here.

Also Read: Rahul Roy undergoes speech therapy; assures fans he is doing better-watch video