- Birthday03 April, 1962
- Awards:Jaya won a lot of accolades and awards, including a Special Jury Award for her acting in the 1976 film Anthuleni Katha and a Filmfare Award for her performance in the 1983 film Saagara Sangamam. She also won the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007.
- Fun Trivia:She married producer Srikanth Nahata who was already married to Chandra and had 3 children. Her marriage created a huge controversy, especially because Nahata did not divorce his former wife and continued to have children with his first wife after marrying Jayaprada. Jaya has stated that she is willing to share her husband with his first wife.
- Place of Birth:Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Place of Residence:Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
- Profession:Actress & Politician
Jaya Prada is an Indian film actress and politician who was born in a middle-class family. She gave her first dance performance at her school when she was just fourteen years old and a film director/producer K.B Tilak was in the audience. He offered her a three-minute musical number in a Telugu film Bhoomi Kosam (1976), which got her major offers from the Telugu film industry. Director K. Viswanath remade Siri Siri Muvva (1976) into the Hindi film Sargam and introduced Jayaprada to Bollywood in 1979. Jaya worked in many successful films with Amitabh Bachchan and Jeetendra. She entered politics by joining the Telugu Desam party and was a member of the Indian Parliament for Rampur from 2004 to 2014.