- Sponsored -
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to Madhuri Dixit: B-Town actresses who took a break at the peak of their careers to embrace motherhood
It’s a role you haven’t seen them in. Away from the limelight, life is all about changing diapers and nurturing their little ones, sleepless nights part of their regular routine. In the film industry, many celebrity moms took a sabbatical after welcoming their little bundles of joy in this world. Some of these divas were at the peak of their careers when they embraced motherhood. They did join the film industry back but after a long hiatus.
1. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: she chose to keep away from the shutterbugs during her pregnancy, is also busy doting upon her daughter, born in November 2011. After their daughter was born her husband, Abhishek Bachchan, says she is happy playing mom for now and would only return to work when she feels like it. The actress made a comeback with Sanjay Gupta’s stylish thriller Jazbaa in 2015.
2. Kajol: Kajol and Ajay Devgn got married in 1999 and continued to create magic on the silver screen. The actress took a break post-birth to her daughter Nysa in 2003. She returned to movies in 2006 with Fanaa. She again took time off from shooting after giving birth to her son Yug in 2010 only to return to the big screen after five years in Dilwale (2015).
3. Juhi Chawla: Juhi Chawla got hitched to Jay Mehta and gave birth to daughter Jhanvi in 2001 and son Arjun in 2003. After that Juhi Chawla appeared in various art films and played supporting roles and did many guest appearances in films throughout the decade. But the actress made a full-fledged comeback after almost 11 years in 2014 with the film Gulaab Gang along with Madhuri Dixit.
4. Karisma Kapoor: Karishma and Sanjay Kapoor got married in 2003 and she took a break from films after an year. The actress gave birth to daughter Samaira in 2005 and son Kiaan in 2010. It was after two years of her son’s birth, when Karisma decided to return to silver screen with Dangerous Ishhq (2012).
5. Sridevi: Sridevi married Boney Kapoor at the peak of her career in 1996 and was last seen on silver screen in Judaai, which was released in 1997. After giving birth to her daughters, Jhanvi (1997) and Khushi (2000), the actress took a long break from Bollywood to spend time with her loved ones. Talking about life after kids, she once said in an interview:“It has been a wonderful experience being a mother and bringing up two daughters and spending time with my husband.” After 15 years of sabbatical she did English Vinglish.
6. Madhuri Dixit Nene: Madhuri got married in U.S. in 1999 to Dr. Shriram Madhav Nene, a cardiovascular surgeon. But she continued to work in films. It was after the birth of her kids- Arin (2003) and Raayan (2005) when she took a break from movies. She made a comeback in 2007 with Aaja Nachle. But after spending almost a decade in the U.S., the actress finally decided to move back to Mumbai with her family in 2011 and since then, she has been busy doing movies or judging dance shows.
7. Sonali Bendre: During her film career, Sonali has worked with all the Khans in Bollywood, however, as an actress her popularity quotient could never get an inch closer to these biggies. She married film actor-director, Goldie Behl on November 12, 2002, and left the film industry. After marriage, Sonali was seen again on the silver screen in 2003, doing a special appearance in Kal Ho Na Ho. She had a special appearance in the film Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai Dobaara! as well, which in Sonali’s words will probably be the last time we will ever see her again on 70mm screen. She made her small screen debut in 2014 with the TV show Ajeeb Daastaan Hai Ye.
Stay tuned to this space for more updates.