- Sponsored -

Sanjay Dutt Seeks Six Month Extension to Surrender

Actor Sanjay  Dutt who has been accorded Five year jail term for possessing illegal weapons during the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.A bench of Justices Sathasivam and B S Chauhan had on March 21 found Dutt  guilty of possessing a cache of arms, including an AK-56 assault rifle, which were part of the consignment brought into Mumbai by the masterminds of the serial blasts that killed and maimed hundreds.

- Sponsored -

 

On Monday Sanjay Dutt moved the Supreme Court seeking a six-month extension of his April 18 surrender deadline.Well as he has about Rs 278 crore riding on him so the reason cited by Dutt is that majority of his movies were under various stages of production and need about 196 acting days to complete them.This was said in the application which will be placed before a bench headed by Justice P Sathasivam for hearing on Tuesday afternoon. Dutt also said he had already undergone 18 months imprisonment and that during pend ency of his appeal against the trial court’s judgment in apex court, he was permitted to go abroad for shooting. He said he had scrupulously abide d by the conditions imposed on him.

Well we do hope instead of six months extension the president pardons him and sets him free.

- Sponsored -