Satendra Soni Files FIR Against Filmmaker Couple

Satendra Soni has filed a Zero FIR against filmmaker Pushpendra Singh and his wife, actor Pragati Chauhan, alleging non-payment of dues, assault, intimidation and wrongful confinement during the shoot of their film Paid Paalki. Soni has claimed that the couple promised him a role in the film but failed to honour their financial commitments. He has also alleged that he was harassed over his appearance and dwarfism, which adversely affected his mental, physical and financial well-being. Scroll down to read the full story.

Satendra Soni Files FIR Against Filmmaker Couple

The Zero FIR was registered on Thursday under Sections 115(2) (voluntarily causing hurt), 127(3) (wrongful confinement), 3(5) (offence committed by several persons in furtherance of common intention), 351(2) (criminal intimidation) and 352 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace). In his complaint, Soni described himself as a struggling actor who depends solely on acting for his livelihood. He also stated that he has dwarfism.

According to the FIR, Satendra Soni first met Pushpendra Singh around one-and-a-half years ago after the filmmaker offered him a role in a film titled Shubh Sandesh. The project was later shelved. On April 1, 2026, Singh allegedly contacted Soni again and told him that the film had been renamed Paid Paalki and was set to begin shooting. Soni alleged that he was mocked on the sets because of his appearance and dwarfism and was made to work for more than 16 hours with only one samosa to eat.

What Were The Claims?

Soni claimed that he was finalised for the project at a remuneration of Rs 30,000 per day, with his total payment fixed at Rs 3 lakh. He was allegedly given Rs 50,000 as an advance and told that the remaining amount would be paid in instalments during the shoot. However, according to his complaint, matters took a different turn after he arrived at the shooting location in Madhya Pradesh.

Satendra Soni alleged that the actors initially did not have access to a vanity van and that, when one was eventually provided, it had to be shared among the entire cast. He also claimed that the shooting location did not have adequate sanitation facilities and that stale food was served to the crew. As concerns regarding pending payments reportedly grew among members of the unit, Soni said he became concerned as well and approached Raja Chaudhary, an assistant director and his point of contact on the project.

Satendra Alleges Assault, Non-Payment And Abuse

He further alleged that he was mocked on the sets because of his appearance and dwarfism. According to Soni, locals would pick him up and take photographs with him without his permission. He claimed that despite objecting to the behaviour and explaining that it was affecting his mental health, his concerns were not addressed. Soni alleged that Chaudhary later discussed the matter with Pragati Chauhan, who allegedly abused him and refused to release his pending payment.

According to Satendra Soni, the alleged harassment eventually triggered a panic attack. “I was shivering, but nobody came to help me. There were no medical facilities available. The food was stale,” he alleged. He further claimed that he was made to work for nearly 16 hours with only a samosa to eat. Soni also alleged that Pushpendra and Pragati would use cabs assigned to the actors to leave the shooting location ahead of them without arranging alternative transport. He claimed that this left him stranded, after which villagers allegedly surrounded him, forcibly held him and took photographs of him.

Soni said he wanted to raise the matter directly with Pushpendra, who eventually called him but allegedly threatened him with consequences if he did not complete the film. “I wanted to address this to the director who finally called me but threatened me to finish the film or leave the hotel room in 10 minutes. He threatened to beat me up,” he alleged. The actor further accused Pragati of threatening to kill him. Soni claimed that when he and the film’s lead actor, Shridhar Dubey, decided to leave the project, the couple allegedly assaulted them.

Soni Was Threatened

According to Soni’s complaint, Pushpendra also allegedly threatened to die by suicide and mention their names in his suicide note. Pragati, he claimed, threatened to implicate them in false legal cases. The actors eventually contacted the police, following which, according to Soni, the couple allegedly requested officers not to stop the shoot, claiming that halting production would leave several people associated with the film unemployed.

Soni claimed that the police subsequently advised both sides to resolve the dispute. The actors, however, maintained that their pending compensation should be cleared before they returned to the shoot. According to the complaint, no settlement was reached. The actor has also alleged that the couple collected money from several people in the name of producing a film and claimed that they had been involved in similar incidents previously. These allegations have not been independently verified.

With police protection, Satendra Soni and the other actors eventually returned to Mumbai, where the Zero FIR was registered.

For more news and updates from the entertainment world, stay tuned to Bollywood Bubble.

Also Read: AICWA Comes In Support Of Laapataa Ladies Actor Satendra Soni; Seeks FIR Against Filmmaker Over Death Threats Allegations