Udit Narayan on Shravan Rathod’s death: I wish he had not gone to the Kumbh Mela

Image Source - Instagram

Bollywood’s ace singer Udit Narayan seems to be in deep pain over Shravan Rathod’s death as he feels that it could have been avoided if he had not visited the Kumbh Mela. Composer Shravan Rathod from the popular music director duo Nadeem-Shravan passed away at the age of 66 on Thursday due to the infamous Covid-19. His musician son Sanjeev Rathod revealed in a recent interview with Indian Express that his parents had attended the Kumbh Mela in Haridwar a few days before testing Covid positive.

Udit Narayan said in a recent interview that he couldn’t sleep after hearing of Shravan’s death. It was disturbing to hear of his death. He was like a brother to the singer. Narayan revealed that they spent many evenings together chatting about much more than music. To think that Shravan’s death could have been avoided makes him sad.

In an interview with Bollywood Hungama, Udit said, “Ignoring all attempts to dissuade him Shravan Bhai went to the Kumbh Mela. He also dragged his wife along. I found this out by chance when I called him two weeks ago. He said he was at the Kumbh Mela. I was shocked. Shravan Bhai had a history of chronic illnesses. He suffered from high blood pressure and acute diabetes. I wish he had not taken this huge risk and also put his wife under so much risk. Shravan came back and contracted Covid. His wife also has Covid. And his son Sanjeev (who is one-half of the two composer Brothers Sanjeev-Darshan) also has it. What can I say about this? Except that, the Kumbh Mela should not be allowed at this time (of the pandemic).”


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Udit Narayan (@uditnarayanmusic)

Talking about the composer, Narayan said, “He was a very fine musician and an even better human being. When he entered the room you felt you were in the company of a saint. I wish he had not gone to the Kumbh Mela.”

Also Read: Udit Narayan shares update on Aditya Narayan’s health after the latter tested COVID-19 positive; says, ‘My son was in hospital’