- Sponsored -
‘Sacred Games 2’: 5 must know things about Pankaj Tripathi’s Khanna Guruji before diving into the series
‘Sacred Games’ has bought the storm back as it is set to return on Netflix with its second season to capture the audience. The Saif Ali Khan starrer series will drop online on August 15. The show has created a lot of suspense with its trailer and that is making it difficult to for everyone to wait.
- Sponsored -
Apart from Nawazuddin Siddiqui who will be portrayed as a rich businessman and Saif Ali Khan who will be the saviour of the city, Khanna Guruji played by Pankaj Tripathi will play a major role in the series. Here are a few things that you need to know about Khanna Guruji before diving into the ‘Scared Games’ universe once again.
- Ganesh Gaitonde (Nawazuddin Siddiqui) described Khanna Guruji (Pankaj Tripathi) as his ‘third father’ in the first season of ‘Sacred Games’. But his role in Baba’s character was low and now Khanna Guruji will be in the second season a huge character.
- Guruji’s character has only been suspense-filled since the first season. Now, the season two trailer has twisted our minds even more. But it guarantees that Khanna Guruji will play a very important role in how things turn out to be.
- Pankaj Tripathi’s character will have an 11-minute monologue in the series. Tripathi had told news agency IANS, “While filming a particular scene in ‘Sacred Games 2’, I was required to deliver a monologue in one go, which, to me, was one of the most challenging sequences I have shot for so far.“
- Guruji’s dialogues hold a lot of meaning hence they are long and deep. The dialogues could not be shortened or changed at all. In an interview with Scroll.in Tripathi explained that the dialogues could not be altered. “It was tough for me. But there is a thought and a philosophy in those lines that I could not alter. So I worked hard, learnt the lines and played back a recording of my voice to check on my preparations,” said Tripathi.
- Guruji is a well-read man, shared Pankaj. He said that he has his own style of thinking and that he finds his beliefs and thoughts to be superior to the others. It will be an absolute ride to see how his beliefs affect his actions and eventually leads to what consequences.
Apart from Saif Ali Khan, ‘Sacred Games 2’ also stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Ganesh Gaitonde, Kalki Koechlin as Batya, Surveen Chawla as Jojo, Jatin Sarna as Bunty, Ranvir Shorey as Shahid Khan and Luke Kenny as Malcolm.