Ajay Devgn on #MeToo: I would say some names did shock me


Image Source - Instagram

Last year, Bollywood was shaken when Tanushree Dutta alleged veteran actor Nana Patekar of sexual assault. This led to many women in the industry and outside the industry to come forward and share their ordeals. We have actually witnessed the ugly side of Bollywood and when we heard a few names like Alok Nath, Subhash Ghai, Rajkumar Hirani and others, we were taken aback. While many actors from the industry spoke on the movement and backed the victims, there were some bigwigs of the industry who dodged the question and never spoke about it. Now, Ajay Devgn (who has supported the movement earlier) has spoken on #MeToo in Bollywood.

During an interview with PTI, Ajay said, “A couple of things came out and some people are like this, but everybody is not like that. I would say some names did shock me but then I can’t be judgmental completely till somebody proves someone guilty or not.”

He further said that the new generation is thinking differently and they are not going to accept the bullshit that used to exist before. “They are changing and we are changing and that change is for the better. With the media coming in, everything is out in the open,” said Ajay.

“You can’t say ‘I am very powerful and you can’t mess with me’, you cannot mess with anybody as everybody is at the same platform, at the same stage. So big or small doesn’t matter anymore, which is a good thing,” added the ‘Shivaay’ actor.

On the work front, Ajay Devgn is gearing up for ‘Total Dhamaal’ that is releasing on February 22. He will also be seen in ‘De De Pyaar De’, ‘Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior’ and ‘Chanakya’.

Also Read‘KWK 6’: Ajay Devgn wins ‘Answer of the Season’ for ‘Kaal’ comment; bags Audi A5