Sushant Singh sacked from ‘Savdhaan India’ because he attended CAB protests? Here’s the truth
Sushant Singh is no more a part of ‘Savdhaan India’. He had been hosting the show since 2012. But, the reason for his exit has been very unclear. Speculations are on budgetary reasons or due to him attending the protests against the Citizenship Amendment Bill.
According to a report by Times Of India, Sushant narrated the whole situation, “On Monday night, I was told that my contract was being terminated. The channel has the right to change the host but I wasn’t given any reason. They said it was due to some budgetary constraints but I wasn’t aware of any such thing before that day.”
He does not believe that it was because of him attending the various protests regarding the Citizenship Amendment Bill, but if it is so he does not regret it. He said, “I don’t know why the channel decided to change the host and I won’t speculate. It’s strange that all this happened on the day I appeared at the protest. If that was the reason, I don’t regret it.”
Sushant said that his last day of the shoot was December 20, but according to the contract it was till January 15. But his exit has not affected him. He says that he is prepared for everything. “I am prepared and my wife is prepared (for any situation). Should I think about a better today or a better tomorrow? Tomorrow is for my children. When they grow up and ask me what I was doing when students were facing atrocities, I can answer them,” he added.
“There are many who feel what is happening is wrong and have spoken out. Others don’t feel so and are silent. My acting prowess comes at a price, not my principles,” concluded Sushant.
Stay tuned to this space for more updates, news and gossip.