Today, on November 28, Ishq starring Kajol, Juhi Chawla, Ajay Devgn and Aamir Khan was released which turned out to be a blockbuster. As Ishq completes 24 years of its release, Juhi penned a sweet note, saying she laughed, cried and fought while filming the film.
Talking about her delightful roller coaster ride, Juhi wrote, “24 Years of Ishq Today!! Just like in the film ..How much we laughed, how much I cried, how much we fought !!! what an absolutely delightful roller coaster ride were the 3 years of the making of Ishq ..!!!! absolutely delightfully action packed !! Thank you God, Director Induji .. my co-stars Aamir, Kajol & Ajay and one of the best producers ever, Gordhan Tanwani. #aamirkhan @kajol @ajaydevgn #24yearsofishq”
Even Kajol shared a post on her Instagram on the occasion of 24 Years of Ishq. Sharing a glimpse of the song, she wrote, “All is fair in love, war & 90s movies. #24YearsOfIshq” Since the stars of the film are celebrating this milestone, we have brought you some unknown facts that will either leave you surprised or just going to make you say, ‘OMG’!
Without further ado, check out the unknown facts here:
View this post on Instagram
1. Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla were one of the bankable and hit onscreen pairs as they have worked together in hit films such as Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988) and Hum Hain Rahin Pyar Ke (1993). However, after Ishq, she vowed to never work with Khan as he played a prank on Juhi during the shoot of this movie. However, the two have now been made up. Also, this was the last film where they have worked together.
2. Not many would know but Amitabh Bachchan was to star in the film where he was supposed to play a key character who helps bring the couple’s together. However, a rift was caused between Big B and Indra Kumar as a film named ‘Rishta’ which was supposed to release under Bachchan’s production house was shelved due to financial problems. Hence, Kumar decided to drop Amitabh from the film and shot Mr Lova Lova song with Johny Lever wearing different get-ups from Amitabh’s older films.
3. Did you know Madhuri Dixit was offered the part of Juhi Chawla in Ishq; however, her reason to opt out is still unknown. On the other hand, Karisma Kapoor was approached for Kajol’s role but she turned it down as she did not want to work with Ajay Devgn. Moreover, Kajol’s role was first offered to Manisha, then to Karisma. After which, Devgn influenced Indra Kumar and brought Kajol onboard.
4. Do you remember Ae Mere Humsafar song from Baazigar whistling intro? Well, the tune of the song “Ishq Hua ” was taken from the of that song. Apart from that, the song “Neend Churai Meri” was a remake of the song “Sending All My Love” by the American band named Linear.
5. Interestingly, Indra Kumar had planned Ishq back in 1991 and signed Aamir Khan and Pooja Bhatt. But it didn’t materialise as the duo had problems. Cashing in the moment, Boney Kapoor got Sanjay Kapoor signed for the film along with Vivek Mushran. Since Indra Kumar had his doubts over the film, Kumar took Sanjay for Raja. Later, Indra revived Ishq with Aamir Khan once again with Ajay Devgn replacing Vivek.
Also read: 9 years of Jab Tak Hai Jaan: 9 interesting trivia we bet you didn’t know about SRK-Katrina-Anushka starrer